In today’s world, people groan at the thought of churches and anything associated with religion. This is because many people criticize the concept and the idea of religion and the actual role it plays in society. But on the other end of the spectrum, some people love the idea of having and forming a spiritual relationship with God. They want to dedicate their life doing things that God wants them to do. The people who grow up listening to religious leaders, going to churches, doing community service, attending bible studies and offering prayers tend to foster a similar religious environment for their children so that they can grow up with the same positive influence their parents had while growing up.
Teenagers, in particular, need guidance as they explore their beliefs and identities. As people in this particular age group try to find their footing in the world, they need the social support and the encouragement of the people around them. Church youth groups have a significant role to play in that matter as they can offer both social support and encouragement from not only their peers but also the leaders. It can help them form lifelong friendships and interpersonal relationships. Church groups help bring young people closer to God. Joining the youth church can help youths in finding their voice and strengthening their relationship with God. It also gives them a sense of purpose and provides them a sense of belonging.
They can use this opportunity and platform to grow both spiritually and mentally. People feel satisfied and content when they engage in meaningful work. Youths can feel satisfied and content by attending youth sessions, volunteering, and helping people. Church youth groups also conduct mission work which allows them to develop their leadership skills and become future leaders themselves. It allows them to use their time wisely and appropriately and contribute to society by becoming a productive member of society.
Some of the benefits that youths can experience by joining a church group are as follows:
- It can help young people know and understand God better. It can help them form a strong, spiritual relationship with God.
- Since church groups conduct regular meetings and sessions, they can keep the youths engaged and give them a sense of purpose for the time being.
- These groups can teach young people about the importance of forgiveness, kindness, and what it truly means to serve other people; and most importantly, it teaches them how to live life like a true Christian.
- Church groups can make youths feel connected with the larger Christian community, where together, they can grow in love and faith with other people who share the same passion as theirs.
- By being a part of this community, youths can also inspire other people to join as well.
- They can get involved in volunteering. Volunteering helps in generating positive human qualities like empathy and altruism
- Church groups can help them form lifelong friendships and interpersonal relationships.