To have seamless moving experience it is imperative that you choose the right movers offering quality moving services. The moving industry has evolved quite a lot and now there are plentiful options available to make a choice from. The first step towards planning your move with moving services is to understand what type of move you plan to make, like short-distance, long-distance or international. Movers are classified depending on the type of service they offer and the distance within which they operate. Therefore, once you know your need clearly you can easily find the most suitable type of moving company.
Categories of moving services
- Residential moving companies: The name itself is quite self-explanatory here as these companies specialize in the movement of household items. So, when you buy a new home or shift to a new place when your lease is over, this is the type of moving service that you will be needing. Depending on the distance in which they operate there are three types of residential moving companies:
- Local moving companies: These are also known as intrastate moving services and help you relocate usually within a radial distance of 100 miles and their rates are defined on an hourly basis.
- Long distance moving companies: Relocation distance beyond 100 miles’ radius is categorized as a long-distance move. While making such a move you will need to hire a long-distance moving company. They calculate the cost basis the total weight of items you are moving and the distance of the new location. Your belongings move interstate and hence company needs to have experience, operating licenses and required permits.
- International moving companies: Relocating to an international location is quite complex and tedious. The law of the land and custom obligations vary in different countries and while relocating it is important to adhere to these rules. The moving costs are determined by volume of the shipment, mode of transport used and distance of the new location.
- Commercial moving companies: Moving an office needs a lot more planning and the team needs to be trained and experienced to perform the task impeccably. Special equipment and vehicles are needed to be moved when offices relocate and the items could be valuable and sensitive. Commercial moving companies have the expertise to handle sensitive documents with minimum impact to the regular working of the office. Due to the complexities involved, commercial relocation is expensive.
Hassle-free relocation with full moving services
If you have a very hectic work schedule or due to any other commitments, you want a professional moving service to completely takeover the job then full moving services are your best bet. You will just need to choose the day of relocation and the new location while making the booking and the company will then take care of everything from beginning to the end. From packing all your items safely, dismantling the furniture, loading all the packages, unloading at the new location, unpacking and setting everything in place, a full moving service will do it all for you. However, this ease and comfort comes for an additional price and hence a full-moving service will cost you a lot more than any other relocation service. When you do not have enough time in hand or must move at a short notice or you are willing to shell out a few extra bucks to have a stress-free relocation experience, then this option is perfect for you.
Relocation is a herculean task and needs proper planning to be executed well. If you need to relocate, a complete DIY will not be possible neither advisable. Even if you have packed all your stuff, you will need to hire a moving company or a rental truck to ship your belongings. So, hire well-known moving services and make moving easy and uncomplicated for you and your family.